Learn More About LoRaWAN Technology
Long Range Wide Area Networks (LoRaWAN)
LoRaWAN sensors for Internet of Things (IoT) systems are becoming increasingly prevalent across countless industries, monitoring stimuli changes and gathering sensory information from their surroundings. LoRaWAN devices are known for their ultra-long range and extended battery life, making it easier than ever to detect irregular conditions and activity in practically any environment.At Radio Bridge, we design wireless sensors and sensor-to-cloud solutions for IoT that set the precedent for low-cost, high-efficiency solutions. All our products operate using the LoRaWAN standard and can be customized to meet the needs of any commercial or industrial facility.
What Is LoRaWAN Technology?
To understand LoRaWAN, you must first familiarize yourself with the underlying LoRa technology. LoRa is a popular ”modulation scheme” or “physical layer” standard that is optimal for wireless sensors that require extended range and prolonged battery life. This modulation scheme is called chirp spread spectrum and is capable of transmitting across long distances and noisy environments.LoRaWAN is a network specification that is used on top of the underlying LoRa technology. This protocol uses gateways to connect wireless devices to the Internet or a local network — similar to how a Wi-Fi router works with Wi-Fi devices. It also features a LoRaWAN network server, which manages sensor connectivity and communications.
Benefits of Using LoRaWAN Sensors for IoT Applications
LoRaWAN sensors work particularly well for IoT applications. There are many advantages to using LoRaWAN technology for IoT device connectivity, including:
- Unlicensed frequency bands: LoRaWAN systems operate on unlicensed frequencies, meaning users aren't required to pay for licensing to use this type of technology.
- Wide coverage range: As implied in its name, LoRaWAN technology boasts a wide coverage range, with operators located in over 100 countries.
- Long battery life: This specification consumes less power than most networks, meaning it has exceptionally long battery life. When you use IoT devices on a LoRaWAN system, you can expect their batteries to last for years before they require charging or changing.
- Easy deployment: A LoRaWAN system comprises a fairly simple architecture, meaning it's easier to deploy than other networks.
- Low bandwidth. Its low bandwidth is ideal for IoT applications that have low data or inconsistent transmissions.
- Cost-effective: LoRaWAN technology has lower connectivity costs than other specifications.
- Convenience: Users can set up LoRaWAN systems quickly and easily.
IoT Sensor Applications As the Internet of Things has grown in popularity, more industries have implemented IoT sensors into their fields. With so many wireless sensor varieties available featuring diversified detection capabilities, countless markets have taken advantage of their many applications. Here are just a few examples of the industrial and commercial industries that use IoT sensors:
- Health care
- Food and beverage
- Oil and gas
- Restaurants and hospitality
Get Connected With LoRaWAN IoT Sensors Today
If you're looking for high-quality IoT sensors, choose Radio Bridge. We design and manufacture many innovative wireless sensors that bring low cost and high functionality to any industry. Our IoT sensors are suitable for many vital applications, including temperature, proximity, movement, air quality, liquid, and leak detection.