CONSIDERATIONS FOR LORAWAN SYSTEM DESIGN
Besides piecing together the various components of an LoRaWAN-based IoT system, development of a robust LoRaWAN system requires expert industry experience. New users often find that there are many subtleties of a LoRaWAN system that will cause reliability issues in the field if they are not addressed up front.
A FEW EXAMPLES MAY INCLUDE:
- Do you use a cloud-based network server or a locally hosted network server at the edge?
- Do you choose a free LoRaWAN network server or a managed network server?
- Will the gateway act as a simple packet forwarder or does it need to perform any tasks at the edge?
- How will you handle downlinks to reconfigure devices in the field?
- How do you make the system scalable to thousands or tens of thousands of sensors at multiple locations?
These considerations are numerous, and Radio Bridge has worked through all of these over the years. By being early adopters of LoRaWAN technology and obtaining field testing time across all major gateway vendors, network servers, regional frequency bands, and other variables, we can ensure that the final system will be scalable, rugged, and reliable.
If you are only interested in seeing the final, actionable data from the system and don't want to invest in large capital expenditures up front for system components, see our IoT Data-As-A-Service offering.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR RF CIRCUIT DESIGN AND WIRELESS SENSORS
Radio Frequency (RF) circuit design for wireless sensors requires knowledge and experience in the wireless domain. Many engineers mistakenly believe that they can simply follow a reference design and then later find that their RF circuit performs very poorly or not at all. Understanding the physical characteristics of the medium or materials that the circuit is design on, the environment, the enclosure, ground planes, antennas, etc all factor into the efficiency of the radio and subsequent certification of the product. Knowledge of FCC and other certification standards is critical as is the equipment needed to properly tune and test your circuit prior to entering a certification lab.
RADIO BRIDGE HAS EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE IN RF CIRCUIT DESIGN:
- RF tuning
- Impedance matching
- Antenna selection and/or design
- PCB materials
- Controlled impedance layout
- Sub-Ghz experience in the 300MHz – 900MHz bands
Pricing and Next Steps
For LoRaWAN system design services, contact our sales team to discuss your requirements
and receive a custom quote: email@example.com
If you are just looking to have us set up and configure the various system components, see the
Jumpstart Package in our standard price guide